Nov 7th, 2013
Original list from: http://www.appnovation.com/7-drupal-seo-tips-to-rank-better-on-google
Updated Dec 10, 2014: Redirect replaces Path Redirect for D7 (and will eventually replace Global Redirect too once the patch lands)
- Alinks: Creates automatic links allowing users to associate defined text to links.
- Content Optimizer: Helps to ensure content conforms to Drupal SEO best practices and provides analysis pages to ensure SEO best practices are followed.
- Custom Breadcrumbs: Allows you to set up parametrized breadcrumb trails for any node type.
- Global Redirect: (will eventually be replaced with the Redirect module when this patch lands: https://www.drupal.org/node/905914) After turning on clean URLs and Pathauto, it fixes some of the more common URL problems.
- Google Analytics: Visitor tracking.
- HTML Purifier: Fixes substandard HTML on content generated by users.
- Link Checker: Checks for broken links.
- Menu Attributes: Additional attribute specification for menu items such as id, name, class, style, and rel.
- Meta Tags: also known as the Nodewords module: Enables full control of meta tags on your site, nodes, categories, views, etc.
- Mollom: Spam protection.
- Page Title: Allows the page title to be set.
- Pathauto: Based on the title of the page, this module autocreates an SEO-friendly URL.
- Path Redirect (D6): Creates proper redirects for URLs.
- Redirect (D7): Creates proper redirects for URLs.
- Read More Link: Creates customized, SEO-friendly read more links.
- SEO Checklist: Checklist that provides admin shortcuts and download links to pretty much all the modules and tasks to perform SEO on a Drupal site.
- SEO Compliance Checker: Checks for on page SEO compliance giving the user analysis when a node is saved or previewed.
- Scheduler: Allows scheduling for the publishing of nodes.
- Site Map: Creates a plain text version of the sitemap.
- Site Verification: Verification assistance of site ownership for search engines.
- Syndication: Centralization, through a web page, all RSS feeds generated by Drupal.
- Taxonomy Title: Title setting for taxonomy pages.
- URL List: Lists every URL on your Drupal-based website by creating a plain text sitemap.
- XML Sitemap: Creates search engine readable, dynamic sitemap that is Sitemaps.org compliant.